Behavioral Skills Training for Caregivers via Telehealth (2 CE)
Time and Duration of Event: 2 hours
Number of Type 2 / Learning CEUs: 2.0
Names of Event Instructors: Melissa Switzer
Instructor Bio: Dr. Melissa Switzer is a Board Certified Behavior Analyst-Doctoral. Melissa earned her Doctoral degrees from the University of Texas at Arlington in Psychology with an emphasis in the Experimental Analysis of Behavior. She has spent the last 18 years utilizing Applied Behavior Analysis in her work with individuals with Autism and behavioral challenges. Dr. Switzer has served as a committee member of the Behavior Analyst Licensure Committee in Tennessee from 2013 - 2015, where she aided in developing the rules and regulations of Applied Behavior Analysis services for practitioners in the state. She currently resides in the state of Arkansas, where she works as an adjunct faculty member in Applied Behavior Analysis
Event Covers the Following Behavior Analysis Content: Training caregivers in the service delivery of ABA protocols via telehealth.
Event is Designed For: Board Certified Behavior Analysts
Event Level: Intermediate
Learning Objectives for Participants:
- Review existing protocols for training others via telehealth.
- Identify key differences between Behavioral Skills Training (BST) and other skill-based training protocols for teaching parents/caregivers.
- Learn evidence-based methods of using BST for telehealth service delivery.
- Develop methods for assessing client and parent readiness for telehealth services.
- Identify ethical and logistical barriers to BST via telehealth and potential solutions.
Description of Type 2 / Learning CE Event:
This training is intended for BCBAs who want to learn about best practice caregiver training guidelines for use during Telehealth therapy. This training is designed for BCBAs who have prior experience providing in-person caregiver training and are looking to extend their caregiver training skills to Telehealth. The training will draw from peer-reviewed literature in behavior analysis to provide specific tools and recommendations to use for caregiver training via Telehealth.
|Asset Includes||Online Programs|