There are several entry-level jobs available for those interested in counseling. Here are a few options:
- Behavioral Health Technician: As a behavioral health technician, you would assist licensed counselors and therapists with their patients. Your role would involve supervising patients, documenting patient progress, and implementing treatment plans
- Case Manager: Case managers work with individuals and families to assess their needs and coordinate services. You would help clients find housing, employment, healthcare, and other resources necessary to achieve their goals.
- Crisis Counselor: As a crisis counselor, you would work with individuals who are experiencing a mental health crisis. You would provide support and assistance to help them cope with the crisis and connect them with appropriate resources.
- Family Support Worker: Family support workers help families who are experiencing challenges such as financial difficulties, child care issues, or health problems. You would provide support and guidance to help families overcome these challenges and improve their overall well-being.
- Rehabilitation Counselor: Rehabilitation counselors work with individuals who have disabilities to help them achieve their vocational and personal goals. You would help clients develop skills and strategies to overcome barriers to employment and independent living.