California Laws & Ethics for Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (6 CE)
Course By: Alden Hori, PhD
Dr. Hori earned a PhD in psychology from the University of California at Riverside. He was an Associate-In Professor and Research Assistant at the University of California at Riverside, where he supervised the completion of over 50 research projects in psychology. He is credited with three publications in peer-reviewed journals.
This course reviews the key laws and regulations for Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors in the state of California and the ACA Code of Ethics (2014.).
- Management issues in therapy
- Treatment of minors
- Clients who are a danger to self or others
- Reporting abuse
- Sexual misconduct
- Informed Consent
- Delineate the HIPAA requirements and how to resolve conflicts with state laws
- Gain knowledge of the legal requirements for Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors in the state of California
- Gain knowledge of the ethical standards in the ACA Code of Ethics for Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors
NOTE: The information presented in this course is for informational purposes only and is not meant to serve as ethical or legal advice. For ethical or legal advice, please contact a professional organization, state licensing board, or attorney.
AATBS is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.