California Laws & Ethics for MFT (6 CE)
Course By: Elizabeth Price, LCSW, LMFT
Elizabeth Price is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. She graduated from University of Louisville with a Master’s Degree in Social Work and a specialization in Marriage and Family Therapy.
This course reviews the key laws and regulations for mental health professionals in the state of California, and the CAMFT Ethical Standards for Marriage and Family Therapists.
- Management issues in therapy
- Treatment of minors
- Clients who are a danger to self or others
- Reporting abuse
- Sexual misconduct
- Forensic issues
- CAMFT Ethical Standards
- Delineate the HIPAA requirements and how to resolve conflicts with state laws
- Gain knowledge of the legal requirements for mental health practitioners in the state of California
- Gain knowledge of the ethical standards in the CAMFT Ethical Standards for Marriage and Family Therapists
NOTE: The information presented in this course is for informational purposes only and is not meant to serve as ethical or legal advice. For ethical or legal advice, please contact a professional organization, state licensing board, or attorney.
This course is not available for NBCC credit.
|CE Format||Online, Text-Based|