Clinical Supervision: Navigating the Regulations for California Video Workshop
Course Level: Advanced
Course by: Steven M. Sultanoff, PhD
Steven M. Sultanoff, Ph.D. is a psychologist, professional speaker and trainer, professor, and consultant. He has offered more than 300 live continuing education and training workshops as well as creating multi-media, online programs in a wide range of topics including cognitive behavioral therapy, clinical supervision, emotional intelligence, and his unusual specialty area of integrating humor into psychotherapy. Click here to learn more.
Course Delivery: Audio/Video, Self-Paced
Course Description: The rules and regulations governing therapist licensure and clinical supervision in the state of California change periodically. This program will review the regulations including updates as of January 1, 2019 when a few major changes occurred. The program will review the types of supervisees accruing hours, the qualifications and requirements of supervisors, the amount and type of supervision required, the responsibilities of supervisors, differences between private practice and agency settings, group supervision, supervisor vacations and absences, as well as some of the forms and materials that supervisees are required to manage as they accrue hours. The program will cover both Board of Psychology and Board of Behavioral Sciences Regulations.
This audio/video course is compatible for viewing on both PC and MACs.
- Be able to identify the 9 different types of supervisees who are accruing hours
- Be able to identify the qualification of supervisors
- Be able to identify the responsibiliities of supervisors
- Be able to evaluate and consider times when the regulations are in conflict with standard of care
- Be able to distinguish regulations as they apply to agency settings versus private practice
- Types of Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) Regulated Supervisees
- Qualifications of BBS Supervisors
- Responsibilities of BBS Supervisors
- Video Demonstration-Supervisee Humor as Diagnostic
- BBS Rules and Regulations
- Types of Board of Psychology (BOP) Regulated Supervisees
- BOP Rules and Regulations
Video course can be viewed online. To receive a certificate of completion, you must watch video and complete an online multiple-choice post-test with a score of 75% or better and complete an online course evaluation.