Clinical Supervision: Principles and Practices (6 CE)
Course Level: Advanced
This Course Is For: Psychologists, Social Workers, Counselors, and Marriage & Family Therapists
Course Format: Video course can be viewed online. To receive a certificate of completion, you must watch video and complete an online multiple-choice post-test with a score of 75% or better and complete an online course evaluation.
Course by: Steven M. Sultanoff, PhD
Steven M. Sultanoff, Ph.D. is a psychologist, professional speaker and trainer, professor, and consultant. He has offered more than 300 live continuing education and training workshops as well as creating multi-media, online programs in a wide range of topics including cognitive behavioral therapy, clinical supervision, emotional intelligence, and his unusual specialty area of integrating humor into psychotherapy. Click here to learn more about Dr. Steven Sultanoff.
Course Description: In this Clinical Supervision Workshop, you will explore the definition of mental health supervision, including the way in which it is differentiated from other types of mental health relationships. You will be introduced to the research of Scott Miller and how his research can enhance supervision and supervisee effectiveness. You will learn characteristics of effective supervisees and ways in which we, as supervisors, “teach” supervisees. You will gain insight into the process of skill learning and review specific supervisee behavioral responses that facilitate or inhibit the clinical process. The journey will continue as you learn developmental stages of both supervisees and supervisors as they navigate the supervision process. This program will provide you with insight into your own supervision process and is designed to offer new perspectives that can assist in organizing and enhancing your supervisory skills. Topics include models of supervision, a case review, a transcription model, and a model of applying a theoretical approach to supervision.
This audio/video course is compatible for viewing on both PC and MACs.
- Be able to identify the 9 different types of supervisees who are accruing hours
- Be able to identify the qualification of supervisors
- Be able to identify the responsibiliities of supervisors
- Be able to evaluate and consider times when the regulations are in conflict with standard of care
- Be able to distinguish regulations as they apply to agency settings versus private practice
- Types of Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) Regulated Supervisees
- Qualifications of BBS Supervisors
- Responsibilities of BBS Supervisors
- Video Demonstration-Supervisee Humor as Diagnostic
- BBS Rules and Regulations
- Types of Board of Psychology (BOP) Regulated Supervisees
- BOP Rules and Regulations
|Board Approvals||American Psychological Association (APA), Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), NBCC, Florida Board - Social Work, MFT, Counseling, and Psychology, NYSED - Social Work, MFT and Counseling Only, American Academy of Health Care Providers in the Addictive Disorders|
|CE Format||Online Video|