Clinical Supervision: Traditional and Contemporary Issues and Processes (6 CE)
Course Level: Advanced
Course by: Steven M. Sultanoff, PhD
Steven M. Sultanoff, Ph.D. is a psychologist, professional speaker and trainer, professor, and consultant. He has offered more than 300 live continuing education and training workshops as well as creating multi-media, online programs in a wide range of topics including cognitive behavioral therapy, clinical supervision, emotional intelligence, and his unusual specialty area of integrating humor into psychotherapy. Click here to learn more about Dr. Steven Sultanoff.
Course Delivery: Audio/Video, Self-Paced
Course Description: Clinical Supervision was once a relatively simple relationship where the supervisee presented case material to the supervisor, and the supervisor provided interventions for the supervisee. Today’s supervision is far more complex. In this program we will explore the many facets of the supervision including the structure of the process, emotional and behavioral reactions of supervisees, the skills of supervision and of therapy, therapeutic and personal bias, blind spots, “deliberate practice,” skill based training, professional, legal and ethical issues, and issues of modern technology.
This audio/video course is compatible for viewing on both PC and MACs.
- Address supervisee emotional reactions to clients and supervision
- Examine and develop their structure of supervision
- Identify the cognitive, emotional, and behavioral qualities of good supervisees
- Identify the fundamental behaviors of good clinical practice and good supervision
- Explore "deliberate practice" as an essential process within supervision
- Learn a model of supervision that focuses supervisees on clinical, ethical, legal, professional and diversity issues as surfaced in supervision
- Become sensitive to supervisee beliefs and bias that impact the clinical and supervision relationship
- Become aware of clinical, legal, and ethical issues of modern technology including social media, email, and other forms of electronic communication
- Explore "High Touch" in a "High Touch" world
Video course can be viewed online. To receive a certificate of completion, you must watch video and complete an online multiple-choice post-test with a score of 75% or better and complete an online course evaluation.
|Board Approvals||American Psychological Association (APA), Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), NBCC, Florida Board - Social Work, MFT, Counseling, and Psychology, NYSED - Social Work, MFT and Counseling Only, American Academy of Health Care Providers in the Addictive Disorders|
|CE Format||Online Video|