Core Mindfulness and Anxiety - Live Online (6 CE)
Course Developed by: Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn and Dr. Marsha Linehan
Course Description: This workshop integrates key concepts of mindfulness-based theory from Eastern Zen philosophy, Western Contemplative practices, Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn's Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, as well as Dr. Marsha Linehan's Dialectical Behavior Therapy - not simply to treat anxiety disorders, but to help clients reconstruct a non-pathologizing life narrative. Core mindfulness skills such as non-judgmental self-observation, radical acceptance, balancing emotion mind with reasonable mind, nonattachment to thoughts and feelings, meditative practices, participating in reality in the moment, and affect regulation training will be addressed. Practical, clinically applicable experiential exercises and case illustrations will be included.
- Identify historical antecedents and a clinical definition of core mindfulness, as well as its application in psychotherapy.
- Apply Dialectical Behavior Therapy’s (DBT) Core Mindfulness Skills to the treatment of anxiety.
- Utilize the various therapeutic applications of Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program in relation to treat anxiety.
- Commitment Therapy with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Mindfulness to treat Anxiety Disorders.
- Understand treatment models for Panic Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, PTSD, and child and adolescent anxiety disorders.
|Asset Includes||Online Programs|