Disruptive Mood: Irritability in Children and Adolescents (7 CE)
Course Level: Intermediate
Course By: Jennifer Kolb, LCSW
Jennifer Kolb, LCSW; Social Work Consultant, reviewed and determined the course meets requirements for continuing education in the field of social work. This course is appropriate for masters and clinical level social workers. Jennifer graduated with a Master’s degree in Social Work with a specialization in Marriage and Family Therapy from the University of Louisville, Kentucky. She specializes in school-based psychotherapy with children and adolescents, as well as licensing exam coaching and preparation.
Content By: Dr. Argyris Stringaris and Dr. Eric Taylor
Argyris Stringaris is a clinician scientist funded by the Wellcome Trust to study mood in health and disease across human development. He trained at the Maudsley Hospital (MRCPsych), the Institute of Psychiatry at King's College London (PhD), and the National Institutes of Health (Clinical Research Fellow) in the USA.
Eric Taylor is Emeritus Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at King's College London Institute of Psychiatry; and an honorary consultant at 'The Maudsley'. He has researched, practised clinically, and taught child neuropsychiatry since 1971. He has been a Trustee of the National Academy of Parenting practitioners, Chair of the Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health and a Non-Executive Director of the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust. His research won the Ruane prize from NARSAD for severe child psychopathologies and he is a Fellow of the Academy of Medical Sciences and an Honorary Fellow of the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
* Course Delivery: Customer will purchase book separately from Amazon.com or other book seller for course content (Disruptive Mood: Irritability in Children and Adolescents, Dr. Argyris Stringaris and Dr. Eric Taylor, ISBN-13: 978-0199674541). Exam is Online, Self-Paced
A practical guide to understanding and treating children and adolescents prone to extreme levels of angry outbursts, Disruptive Mood: Irritability in Children and Adolescents is based on the very latest research and theory. Providing both a clinical and scientific perspective on irritability in children, this book is a timely look at recent developments in the field.
Abnormal states of anger are a common reason for referral to child health services, and cause concern in clinics, schools, and families. Misdiagnosis and treatment can stem from a lack of understanding of the mechanisms involved in high levels of anger in children, and Disruptive Mood: Irritability in Children and Adolescents provides clear guidance on the development of abnormal states of anger, their consequences for later development, and how to assess and make differential diagnoses between them.
A useful resource for clinical practice, this book is concise and accessible, and offers tools for evaluating treatments. Disruptive Mood: Irritability in Children and Adolescents is designed for practitioners involved in child and adolescent mental health and education and researchers who need an introduction to this complex field.
- Evaluate the assessment of the features of irritability
- Summarize the early development of the emotion of anger, and the prevalence and course of irritability over time
- Delineate the differences in presentation of irritability in different psychological disorders
- Evaluate the neuropsychological hypotheses about the pathogenesis of irritability, and influences due to brain disease, injury, and disability
- Customer will purchase book separately from Amazon.com or other book seller for course content (Disruptive Mood: Irritability in Children and Adolescents, Dr. Argyris Stringaris and Dr. Eric Taylor, ISBN-13: 978-0199674541).
- Course Exam: You must complete a multiple-choice post-test with a score of 75% or better and complete a course evaluation.
- Course Certificate: Printable online certificate immediately available after successful completion
|Board Approvals||American Psychological Association (APA), Florida Board - Social Work, MFT, Counseling, and Psychology, NYSED - Social Work, MFT and Counseling Only, American Academy of Health Care Providers in the Addictive Disorders|
|CE Format||Online, Text-Based|