Physician Burnout, Quality of Life, and Wellness (1 CE)
Course By: Tamara Avery, PsyD
Content By: Harvey, F. (2020). Physician burnout quality of life/wellness resource pilot program. Journal of Medical Research and Health Sciences, 3 (2), 886-912.
This course is for: Psychologists, Counselors, and LMFTs
Course Description: Burnout is a syndrome of emotional exhaustion, depersonalization, and a sense of low personal accomplishment that leads to decreased work effectiveness. Burnout is the consequence of high stress combined with high ideals. Physician burnout not only effects the physician but the healthcare system as a whole. Consequently, physicians need to be able to recognize the warning signs of burnout, actively take steps towards preventing or mitigating burnout, and should be encouraged to seek help when stress occurs. Overall, the study findings were compatible with evidence-based research that supports building physician resilience via wellness program development.
- Review the literature regarding physician burnout and wellness programs
- Consider whether a physician wellness program will reduce or eliminate burnout and/or stress for practicing physicians
- Understand the statistical findings and conclusions pertaining to physician burnout
- Read and understand Physician Burnout Quality of Life/Wellness Resource Pilot Program
- Review the Course Description and Learning Objectives
- Consider the factors related to physician burnout coupled with the statistical findings from the accompanying article
- Work through the post-test questions; answer selections should be derived from the respective article
- Return to the referenced article for any missed questions and/or to better understand the relationship between physician wellness, burnout, and stress
|Board Approvals||American Psychological Association (APA), NBCC, Florida Board - Social Work, MFT, Counseling, and Psychology, NYSED - Social Work, MFT and Counseling Only, American Academy of Health Care Providers in the Addictive Disorders|
|CE Format||Online, Text-Based|