Tears and Tantrums (6 CE)
Course Level: Beginner
Course By: Aletha J. Solter, PhD
Course Delivery: Textbook, Online, Self-Paced
Tears and Tantrums describes a new way of understanding the purpose of crying during infancy and childhood. As a Heath Professional, this revolutionary book will help you gain a better understanding of why babies and children cry and how best to inform parents in responding.
"This book is a breathtaking leap forward for the mental and physical health of the human race. It is one of the most important books of the century, and should be mandatory reading for every young adult on earth."
Paul Vereshack, M.D., D. Psych. (Author of Help Me, I’m Tired of Feeling Bad/The Psychotherapy of The Deepest Self)
"This book is so important, for the health of our children and our society, that I have put it on my required reading list for professionals and parents who attend my training sessions, and I am recommending it to every professional and parent that I know."
William R. Emerson, Ph.D. (Pioneer in infant and child psychotherapy, director of Emerson Training Seminars)
- To understand the nature of crying and tantrums in infants and children.
- To be better able to advise parents on how to respond to crying and tantrums to promote health in children and their parents.
This self paced course consists of:
- Course Text:* Tears and Tantrums: What to Do When Babies and Children Cry (Paperback, 164 pages) by Aletha J.Solter, Ph.D.
- Course Exam: Multiple choice online exam
- Course Certificate: To receive a certificate of completion, you must complete a multiple-choice post-test with a score of 75% or better and complete a course evaluation.
* Upon registration, The Tears and Tantrums text will be shipped to you. The cost of shipping within the U.S. is included in the course fee (outside the U.S. please call for shipping costs).