Treating PTSD with Cognitive-Behavioral Therapies: Interventions That Work (5 CE)
Course Level: Advanced
Course By: Alden Hori, PhD
Dr. Hori earned a PhD in psychology from the University of California at Riverside. He was an Associate-In Professor and Research Assistant at the University of California at Riverside, where he supervised the completion of over 50 research projects in psychology. He is credited with three publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Content By: Candice M. Monson and Philippe Shnaider
Course Delivery: Book will be shipped for course content. Exam is Online, Self-Paced
Course Description: The goal of this course is to provide a concise overview of cognitive-behavioral techniques and treatment packages for PTSD. The text includes case studies to illustrate how to troubleshoot common problems. Some of the topics included are as follows: trauma-focused techniques, stress inoculation training, and symptoms that often accompany PTSD.
- Identify cognitive-behavioral techniques and treatment packages for PTSD
- List theoretical underpinnings of empirically supported interventions
- Distinguish between therapies that are predominantly behavioral and cognitive, and between those that are trauma-focused versus non-trauma-focused
- Course Textbook:* Treating PTSD With Cognitive-Behavioral Therapies (Paperback, 131 pages) By Candice M. Monson and Philippe Shnaider
- Course Exam: You must complete a multiple-choice post-test with a score of 75% or better and complete a course evaluation.
- Course Certificate: Printable online certificate immediately available after successful completion
* Upon registration, the Treating PTSD With Cognitive-Behavioral Therapies book will be shipped to you. The cost of shipping within the U.S. is included in the course fee (outside the U.S., please call for shipping costs).