What Makes Love Last? (10 CE)
Course Level: Intermediate
Course By: Alden Hori, PhD
Dr. Hori earned a PhD in psychology from the University of California at Riverside. He was an Associate-In Professor and Research Assistant at the University of California at Riverside, where he supervised the completion of over 50 research projects in psychology. He is credited with three publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Content By: John Gottman, PhD and Nan Silver
About the Author: World renowned for his work on marital stability and divorce prediction, Dr. John Gottman has conducted 40 years of breakthrough research with thousands of couples. His work on marriage and parenting has earned him numerous major awards, including:
- Four National Institute of Mental Health Research Scientist Awards
- The American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy Distinguished Research Scientist Award
- The American Family Therapy Academy Award for Most Distinguished Contributor to Family Systems Research
- The American Psychological Association Division of Family Psychology, Presidential Citation for Outstanding Lifetime Research Contribution
- The National Council of Family Relations, 1994 Burgess Award for Outstanding Career in Theory and Research
Course Delivery: Customer will purchase book separately from Amazon.com or other book seller for course content (What Makes Love Last? How to Build Trust and Avoid Betrayal, John Gottman, PhD and Nan Silver, Simon & Schuster, ISBN-13: 978-1451608489). Exam is Online, Self-Paced
In this insightful book, celebrated research psychologist and couples counselor Dr. John Gottman plumbs the mysteries of love and shares the results of his famous “Love Lab”: Where does love come from? Why does some love last, and why does some fade? And how can we keep it alive? Based on laboratory findings, this book shows readers how to identify signs, behaviors, and attitudes that indicate a fraying relationship and provides strategies for repairing what may seem lost or broken.
- Evaluate the application of the trust metric
- Delineate the stages involving the cheating process
- Summarize the list of 10 non-sexual forms of betrayal
- Evaluate the role of attunement is the development of intimacy
- Evaluate the role of each element in The Gottman-Rapoport Blueprint
- Evaluate how to derive a betrayal assessment score for a relationship
- Evaluate the role of communication in establishing intimate sex
- Summarize the five dimensions that help to assess the end of a relationship
- Customer will purchase book separately from Amazon.com or other book seller for course content (What Makes Love Last? How to Build Trust and Avoid Betrayal, John Gottman, PhD and Nan Silver, Simon & Schuster, ISBN-13: 978-1451608489).
- Course Exam: You must complete a multiple-choice post-test with a score of 75% or better and complete a course evaluation.
- Course Certificate: Printable online certificate immediately available after successful completion
|Board Approvals||American Psychological Association (APA), NBCC, Florida Board - Social Work, MFT, Counseling, and Psychology, NYSED - Social Work, MFT and Counseling Only, American Academy of Health Care Providers in the Addictive Disorders|
|CE Format||Online, Text-Based|