ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) Made Simple (11 CE)
Course Level: Advanced
Course By: Alden Hori, PhD
Dr. Hori earned a PhD in psychology from the University of California at Riverside. He was an Associate-In Professor and Research Assistant at the University of California at Riverside, where he supervised the completion of over 50 research projects in psychology. He is credited with three publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Content By: Dr. Russ Harris
About the Author: Dr. Russ Harris is a medical practitioner, psychotherapist, and leading expert in acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). His books include ACT with Love, ACT Made Simple, The Confidence Gap, and The Happiness Trap, which has now been translated into twenty-two languages. He lives in Melbourne, Australia, and travels internationally to train mental health professionals in the ACT approach.
Bio: Jennifer Kolb, LCSW; Social Work Consultant, reviewed and determined the course meets requirements for continuing education in the field of social work. This course is appropriate for masters and clinical level social workers. Jennifer graduated with a Master’s degree in Social Work with a specialization in Marriage and Family Therapy from the University of Louisville, Kentucky. She specializes in school-based psychotherapy with children and adolescents, as well as licensing exam coaching and preparation.
Course Delivery: Customer will purchase book separately from Amazon.com or other book seller for course content (ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) Made Simple, Dr. Russ Harris, New Harbinger Publications, ISBN-13: 978-1572247055). Exam is Online, Self-Paced.
Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) is not just a proven effective treatment for depression, anxiety, stress, addictions, eating disorders, schizophrenia, borderline personality disorder, and myriad other psychological issues that focuses on mindfulness, client values, and a commitment to change. It's also a revolutionary new way to view the human condition, introducing many new tools, techniques, and strategies for promoting profound behavioral change.
A practical and entertaining primer, ideal for ACT newcomers and experienced ACT professionals alike, this course offers clear explanations of the six ACT processes and a set of real-world tips and solutions for rapidly and effectively implementing them in your practice. This course gives you everything you need to start using ACT with your clients for impressive results. Included are: scripts, exercises, metaphors, and worksheets to use with your clients; a session-by-session guide to implementing ACT; transcripts from therapy sessions; guidance for creating your own therapeutic techniques and exercises; and practical tips to overcome 'therapy roadblocks.'
This course aims to take the complex theory and practice of ACT and make it accessible and enjoyable for both you, the therapist, and your clients.
1: ACT Defined: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
2: Stuck, Not Broken
3: The House of ACT
4: Getting Experiential
5: Opening ACT
6: Creative What?!
7: Watch Your Thinking
8: Open Up
9: Be Here Now
10: Pure Awareness
11: Know What Matters
12: Do What It Takes
13: Getting Unstuck
14: I and Thou
15: The Therapist’s Journey
- Summarize an overview of the ACT model and the theory underlying it
- Delineate the key steps in initially utilizing the ACT model, including how to do experiential therapy, obtain informed consent, and structure your ongoing sessions
- Evaluate the six core processes of ACT and how to apply them to a wide range of clinical issues
- Evaluate a wide range of important topics including common therapist pitfalls, overcoming barriers to change, enhancing the client-therapist relationship, dancing around the six core processes, embodying ACT in everyday life, and mixing and matching ACT with other models
- Customer will purchase book separately from Amazon.com or other book seller for course content (ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) Made Simple, Dr. Russ Harris, New Harbinger Publications, ISBN-13: 978-1572247055).
- Course Exam: You must complete a multiple-choice post-test with a score of 75% or better and complete a course evaluation.
- Course Certificate: Printable online certificate immediately available after successful completion. All course attendees will be required to complete an evaluation at the completion of the course in order to receive a certificate of CE credit.