Essential Guide to Bullying (10 CE)
Course Level: Intermediate
Course By: Alden Hori, PhD
Dr. Hori earned a PhD in psychology from the University of California at Riverside. He was an Associate-In Professor and Research Assistant at the University of California at Riverside, where he supervised the completion of over 50 research projects in psychology. He is credited with three publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Content By: Cindy Miller, LCSW, and Cynthia Lowen
About the Authors: Cindy Miller, LCSW, is a psychotherapist, school social worker, educator, and parent consultant. In addition to her private practice, she counsels children, adolescents, and families for the Paramus, New Jersey, Public School District and consults with administrators and faculty on multiple issues. She is an adjunct instructor in Sociology at Bergen Community College. She received her Master's degree in Social Work from Columbia University.
Cynthia Lowen is the co-creator, producer, and writer of Bully, a feature documentary film following five kids and families through "a year in the life" of America's bullying crisis.
* Course Delivery: Customer will purchase book separately from Amazon.com or other book seller for course content (Essential Guide to Bullying: Prevention and Intervention, Cindy Miller, LCSW, and Cynthia Lowen, ALPHA, ISBN-13: 978-1615642069). Exam is Online, Self-Paced
Written by a school social worker and the co-filmmaker of the documentary Bully, this valuable guide equips you with the knowledge you need to recognize different types of bullying, from teasing to more severe behaviors to digital abuse and cyberbullying. It describes the signs that indicate when a child is the target of aggressive behavior … or being the aggressor him- or herself. It explains how to prevent bullying by creating caring home and school environments where children can feel safe and where differences are accepted. And it gives you the tools to help a child or teen feel empowered to stand up to bullies, whether they’re the target or witness to someone else being treated unfairly. Finally, the authors take a look at antibullying legislation enacted around the country and discuss how individuals and their community can use the law to protect children.
- Gain knowledge of the societal and human forces that are causing bullying to escalate
- Assess who is most at risk for being bullied, being a bully, or not helping a bullying victim
- Evaluate methods for helping children to be target-proof and develop coping skills
- Delineate even the most covert bullying situations
- Gain knowledge of the world of cyberbullying and prevent its disastrous effects
- Evaluate steps to intervene to stop a bullying situation
- Evaluate what legal recourse is available to support antibullying efforts
- Customer will purchase book separately from Amazon.com or other book seller for course content (Essential Guide to Bullying: Prevention and Intervention, Cindy Miller, LCSW, and Cynthia Lowen, ALPHA, ISBN-13: 978-1615642069).
- Course Exam: You must complete a multiple-choice post-test with a score of 75% or better and complete a course evaluation.
- Course Certificate: Printable online certificate immediately available after successful completion