Odd Girl Out (11 CE)
Course Level: Advanced
Course By: Alden Hori, PhD
Dr. Hori earned a PhD in psychology from the University of California at Riverside. He was an Associate-In Professor and Research Assistant at the University of California at Riverside, where he supervised the completion of over 50 research projects in psychology. He is credited with three publications in peer-reviewed journals.
There is little sugar but lots of spice in journalist Rachel Simmons's brave and brilliant book that skewers the stereotype of girls as the kinder, gentler gender. This book offers innovative ideas for changing the dynamics of the classroom, sample dialogues for talking to daughters, and exercises for girls and their friends to explore and resolve messy feelings and conflicts head-on.
- Learn about girls' nonphysical agression and how it is expressed in the adolescent female population.
- Understand the causes and consequences of girls' nonphysical aggression.
- Learn practical ways to deal with girls' aggression at home and in schools.
- Learn about programs at the public policy level that address childhood and adolescent aggression.
- Practice healthy ways to express anger that can lead to improved interpersonal relationships.
This self paced course consists of:
- Course Textbook:* Odd Girl Out (Paperback, 270 pages) By Rachel Simmons
- Course Exam: Multiple choice online exam
- Course Certificate: Printable online certificate immediately available after successful completion
* Upon registration, the Odd Girl Out textbook will be shipped to you. The cost of shipping within the U.S. is included in the course fee (outside the U.S., please call for shipping costs)