Anxiety-Reducing Interventions - Live Online (6hr CE)
Course Title: Anxiety-Reducing Interventions – Live Online
Course Level: Beginner, Intermediate
Course Developed By: Pam Sirota, Psy.D, LMFT
Bio: Pam Sirota, Psy.D is a clinical psychologist with a private practice in West Los Angeles and Encino specializing in social skills groups, family issues, children and adolescents, grief support, and parenting. Her extensive experience as a special education teacher and pre-school director makes her an ideal instructor. She has been working as a private GGS tutor since becoming licensed in 2005.
Content By: Pam Sirota, Psy.D., LMFT, Gerry Grossman, MA, LMFT
Course Delivery: Live Online, Instructor-led via Zoom Meeting
Course Description: Anxiety Disorders and Interventions to Manage Anxiety. A thorough understanding of Anxiety Disorders, descriptions and diagnoses. This course, complete with an engaging PowerPoint presentation, will present a comprehensive, up-to-date overview of issues such as panic disorders, stress disorders, and generalized anxiety disorder (GAD).
- Evaluate anxiety and avoidance in clients.
- Explain Generalized Anxiety Disorder and its causes in Cognitive Behavioral terms.
- Summarize how cognitive distortions impact behavior, feelings, and self-esteem.
- Distinguish Panic Disorder from Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
- Apply multiple techniques for treatment options and stress reduction, including meditation, visualization, and mindfulness.