Borderline Personality Disorder - Live Online (6hr CE)
Course Title: Borderline Personality Disorder – Live Online
Course Level: Beginner, Intermediate
Course Developed By: Patricia E. Patton, Ph.D
Bio: Patricia E. Patton, Ph.D is a clinical psychologist (PSY 13266) and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFC 27419). She created such Gerry Grossman Seminars Continuing Education courses as Domestic Violence, Anxiety Disorders and Anger Management. She was also instrumental in the development of the Gerry Grossman Seminars BBS exam prep courses for LCSW candidates, and continues to teach those courses.
Content By: Gerry Grossman, MA, LMFT, Rebekka Helford, MA, LMFT, Kristen Hudson, MA, LMFT, Nancy Klein, MA, LMFT, Chuck Moshontz, MA, LMFT, Mayilyn Wallace, MA, LMFT, Hannah Hoshontz, BA
Course Delivery: Live Online, Instructor-led via Zoom Meeting
Course Description: Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is one of the most prevalent and most widely researched of all the personality disorders, yet it remains the most controversial with regard to diagnosing, treating, dealing with liability issues and high risk behaviors, and countertransference. In this live online workshop, participants will gain a more comprehensive and realistic understanding of the etiology and dynamics of Borderline personality, including childhood attachment issues. Assessment information will be presented, in addition to differential diagnoses, dual diagnoses and common co-morbid disorders. Treatment models will include a range of approaches, with a special emphasis on problem solving techniques, social skills training, core mindfulness, and case management strategies using DBT.
- Assess for Borderline Personality Disorder using appropriate clinical criteria and distinguish it from Borderline characteristics.
- Identify the various etiologies and early familial dynamics of BPD.
- Examine the dynamics of differential diagnoses, dual diagnoses, and co-morbid disorders as related to BPD.
- Work more effectively with BPD by using a variety of clinically-based therapeutic interventions, including Dialectical Behavior Therapy.
- Explore assessment and treatment issues for Borderline Personality Disorder with suicidal ideation and self-injurious behavior.
|Board Approvals||Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), NBCC, Florida Board - Social Work, MFT, Counseling, and Psychology, NYSED - Social Work, MFT and Counseling Only, American Academy of Health Care Providers in the Addictive Disorders|
|CE Format||Live Online|
|Asset Includes||Online Programs|