California Clinical Supervision - Live Online (6hr CE)
This live, instructor-led online course, presented via Zoom Meeting, provides an overview of the basic regulations and procedures surrounding supervision as well as the more subtle challenges a supervisor faces that sometimes cause trouble in the complex supervisor, supervisee, and patient relationship.
This 6hr CE satisfies the California Board of Behavioral Sciences mandatory course requirements
Course Title: CA Clinical Supervision – Live Online
Course Level: Beginner, Intermediate
Course Developed By: Samantha Deming, M.A., LFMT
Bio: Samantha Deming, M.A., LFMT has been part of the Gerry Grossman instructional staff since January 2000. Samantha is an asset to GGS and has many years of teaching experience. In addition to teaching Seminars, Samantha maintains a full-time private practice split between Santa Clarita and Encino. Her specialties include couples, anxiety, depression, trauma, E.M.D.R., grief, survivors after suicide, and the treatment of twins. Students find her easy to follow because she very organized in her presentation. She is also very animated and brings a lot of her natural humor into the classroom.
Content By: Samantha Deming, M.A., LFMT, Gerry Grossman, MA, LMFT, Stacey Soto, B.A.
Course Delivery: Live Online, Instructor-led via Zoom Meeting
Course Description: This course will provide an overview of the basic regulations and procedures surrounding supervision as well as the more subtle challenges a supervisor faces that sometimes cause trouble in the complex supervisor, supervisee, and patient relationship.
- Summarize current laws and regulations pertaining to supervisors.
- Complete the current Supervisor Responsibility Forms for MFT Associates/trainees, Social Work Associates, and Professional Counselor Associates.
- List the requirements for having an associate as a volunteer and/or paid employee.
- Employ new assessment skills and reduce common errors in communication, confidentiality, dual relationships and boundaries.
- Explain how informed consent for both supervisees and clients helps ensure legal and ethical treatment and creates an additional factor to protect supervisors from vicarious liability.
- Summarize the Developmental Process a trainee/associate experiences while receiving supervision and gathering hours toward licensure.
- Identify a variety of strategies to increase effectiveness with trainees/associates in supervision.
|Asset Includes||Online Programs|