California Laws & Ethics for Psychologists (4 CE)
Course By: Association for Advanced Training in the Behavioral Sciences
This course reviews the key laws and regulations for mental health professionals in the state of California, and the APA Code of Ethics.
- Management issues in therapy
- Treatment of minors
- Clients who are a danger to self or others
- Reporting abuse
- Sexual misconduct
- Forensic issues
- APA Code of Ethics
- Delineate the HIPAA requirements and how to resolve conflicts with state laws
- Gain knowledge of the legal requirements for mental health practitioners in the state of California
- Gain knowledge of the ethical standards in the APA Code of Ethics
Course materials can be downloaded or read online. To receive a certificate of completion, you must complete a multiple-choice post-test with a score of 75% or better and complete a course evaluation.
|Board Approvals||American Psychological Association (APA), Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), NBCC, Florida Board - Social Work, MFT, Counseling, and Psychology, NYSED - Social Work, MFT and Counseling Only, American Academy of Health Care Providers in the Addictive Disorders|
|CE Format||Online, Text-Based|