Clinical Neuropsychology: A Pocket Handbook for Assessment, Third Edition (14 CE)
Course Developed By: Alden Hori, PhD
Dr. Hori earned a PhD in psychology from the University of California at Riverside. He was an Associate-In Professor and Research Assistant at the University of California at Riverside, where he supervised the completion of over 50 research projects in psychology. He is credited with three publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Content By: Editors: Michael W. Parsons and Thomas A. Hammeke Founding Editor: Peter J. Snyder
Course Delivery: Book will be shipped for course content. Exam is online, self-paced
Clinical Neuropsychology: A Pocket Handbook for Assessment, Third Edition, has been revised to reflect the latest changes in the rapidly maturing field of clinical neuropsychology. It leads neuropsychologists and trainees through the complicated process of assessing, diagnosing, and treating a full range of neurological, neuropsychological, psychiatric, and behavioral disorders and syndromes. Diagnostic information has been updated to reflect DSM-5 criteria.
A principal aim of this book is to help guide the clinician in developing tailored, hypothesis driven approaches for the assessment of patients with a broad range of neuropsychological syndromes or neurological disorders.
- Gain knowledge of neuroimaging technologies
- Acquire an understanding of hypothesis driven assessment of patients
- Assimilate information related to the neurochemical bases for various disorders
- Obtain knowledge regarding the appropriate use of currently accepted pharmacologic treatment approaches
- Apply the knowledge gained in this book to assessment of neurologic disorders
- Integrate the guidelines for differential diagnoses of relevant clinical syndromes
- Create an ability to differentiate between neurological disorders
- Demonstrate the use of current assessment tools and interventions used for these neurological disorders
This self paced course consists of:
- Course Textbook:* Clinical Neuropsychology: A Pocket Handbook for Assessment, Third Edition (Paperback, 743 pages) Editors: Michael W. Parsons and Thomas A. Hammeke; Founding Editor: Peter J. Snyder
- Course Exam: Multiple choice online exam
- Course Certificate: Printable online certificate immediately available after successful completion. All course attendees will be required to complete an evaluation at the completion of the course in order to receive a certificate of CE credit.
- Course Textbook: Upon registration, the Clinical Neuropsychology: A Pocket Handbook for Assessment, Third Edition textbook will be shipped to you. The cost of shipping within the U.S. is included in the course fee (outside the U.S., please call for shipping costs).
- Course Exam: You must complete an online multiple-choice post-test with a score of 75% or better and complete an online course evaluation.
- Course Certificate: Printable online certificate immediately available after successful completion