Clinical Supervision: Special Topics Video Workshop (4 CE)
Course Level: Advanced
This Course Is For: Psychologists, Social Workers, Counselors, and Marriage & Family Therapists
Course Format: This is a self-paced (non-interactive), online course. Participants are required to watch thte video, read the course materials, and complete a post-test with a score of 75% or higher.
Course by: Steven M. Sultanoff, PhD
Steven M. Sultanoff, Ph.D. is a psychologist, professional speaker and trainer, professor, and consultant. He has offered more than 300 live continuing education and training workshops as well as creating multi-media, online programs in a wide range of topics including cognitive behavioral therapy, clinical supervision, emotional intelligence, and his unusual specialty area of integrating humor into psychotherapy. Click here to learn more about Dr. Steven Sultanoff.
Course Description: In the “Clinical Supervision: Special Topics” program you will experience a PowerPoint presentation and discussion of multiple aspects of supervision including issues of the supervisory relationship, the art and technique of supervision, a model of supervisee selection and assessment, case evaluation perspectives, diversity issues, “blink” moments (unconscious bias), record keeping, group supervision, gems and generations of supervision, supervisee evaluation, termination, and more.
In addition, the “Clinical Supervision: Special Topics” program is designed to expand and enhance the content of more basic supervision program course by utilizing vignettes and practical examples that illustrate many of the concepts.
This audio/video course is compatible for viewing on both PC and MACs.
- Understand the multiple aspects of the supervisory relationship.
- Understand and assess levels of self disclosure in the supervisory relationship.
- Differentiate art and technique as applied to supervision and therapy.
- Explore unconscious bias of the supervisee and supervisor.
- Learn to apply multiple evaluation perspectives (clinical, legal, ethical, professional) to the supervision process.
- Uncover the significant elements of the supervision process and therapy that supervisors want to pass on to supervisees.
- Explore documentation related to the supervision process.
Video course can be viewed online. To receive a certificate of completion, you must watch video and complete an online multiple-choice post-test with a score of 75% or better and complete an online course evaluation.
|Board Approvals||American Psychological Association (APA), Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), NBCC, Florida Board - Social Work, MFT, Counseling, and Psychology, NYSED - Social Work, MFT and Counseling Only, American Academy of Health Care Providers in the Addictive Disorders|
|CE Format||Online Video|