Internet-Delivered Treatment for Panic Disorder (1 CE)
This course is for: Psychologists, Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists
Course By: Triad Staff: Paula Lin, LMFT
Content By: Apolinário-Hagen, Jennifer (2019). Internet-delivered psychological treatment options for panic disorder: A review on their efficacy and acceptability. Psychiatry Investigation, 16(1), 37–49.
Course Description: Patient access to professional psychological treatment is expanding given the availability of internet-delivery treatment options. Research relative to the efficacy and acceptability of telehealth service delivery via internet-based platforms, in place of traditional face-to-face treatment, continues to expand commensurate with need. The results from the accompanying study indicate that self-guided and transdiagnostic internet delivered cognitive behavioral therapy (iCBT) are effective treatment modalities for panic disorder symptom management. Further research is needed to investigate the effectiveness of additional evidenced-based approaches when internet-delivered treatment is offered.
- Review the recent evidence relative to the efficacy and acceptability of internet-delivered cognitive behavioral therapy (iCBT), as opposed to face-to-face service delivery, for panic disorder treatment
- Understand the statistical findings premised on CBT principles. Explore the identified treatment techniques (i.e. guided, transdiagnostic), and the resultant analysis for each technique-type
- Review future research suggestions respective of blended treatments, minimal guidance, and range of symptomatology
- Read and understand Internet-delivered psychological treatment options for panic disorder: A review on their efficacy and acceptability
- Review the Course Description and Learning Objectives
- Consider the statistical analyses and related considerations detailed in the accompanying article
- Work through the post-test questions; answer selections should be derived from the accompanying article
- Return to the aforementioned article for any missed questions and/or to further understand panic disorder treatment via internet-delivered psychological therapeutic modalities