Narcissistic Personality Disorder - Live Online (6hr CE)
Course Title: Narcissistic Personality Disorder - Live Online
Course Level: Beginner, Intermediate
Course Developed By: Natalie Liberman, MSW, LCSW; M.A, LMFT
Bio: Gerry Grossman, M.A., LFMT has successfully trained thousands of exam candidates for their BBS licensing exams since 1985. His teaching style is clear, incisive, humorous and empathic. As a trained hypnotherapist, he has assisted many people with test anxiety and other clinical issues. In 2016 Gerry received the Educator of the year award from AAMFT-CA. In private practice, Gerry specializes in working with young children and their families.
Course Delivery: Live Online, Instructor-led via Zoom Meeting
Most psychotherapists would agree that one of the most challenging of all disorders to address is Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD). This workshop provides attendees with a Psychodynamic presentation of developmental and relational theories associated with this complex disorder, including issues of shame, envy, rage, guilt, and depression in addition to various concomitant behaviors. Topics to be addressed include establishing and maintaining the holding environment, assessing the impact of narcissistic injuries, NPD and dual diagnosis, management of symptoms in contrast with treatment approaches, prevailing social issues, narcissists and family members, couple’s dynamics, and transference and counter transference.
- Distinguish between healthy and pathological narcissism, and assess for and identify Narcissistic Personality Disorder, including various typologies of narcissism.
- Understand the self-defeating and destructive patterns of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
- Examine the dynamics of dual diagnoses and other pertinent co-morbid disorders in relation to NPD.
- Learn to work more effectively with narcissistic issues.
- Explore the impact of prevailing sociological issues such as gender roles, fame and workplace dynamics.
To complete your course, please attend the live class session(s) and complete the evaluation. You will need to attend the live session(s) and complete the evaluation before you can print your certificate.
|Asset Includes||Online Programs|