Teamwork Training on Team Behaviors and Performance (2 CE)
This course is for: Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers
Course By: Kristin Ceppaluni, LMHC NCC
Content By: McEwan, D., Ruissen, G., Eys, M., Zumbo, B & Beauchamp, M.R. (2017). The effectiveness of teamwork training on teamwork behaviors and team performance: A systematic review and meta-analysis of controlled interventions. University of British Colombia: Vancouver PLoS ONE 12(1): e0169604. doi:10.1371/journal.
Course Description: Teamwork is a fundamental principle in Industrial/Organizational Psychology (I/O). An examination of the statistical findings relative to an accumulation of experimental studies was commenced with the express purpose of determining methods to improve teamwork and enhance team performance. A random effects model was implemented. Both positive and statistically significant effects were noted (effect size was medium) pertaining to both team performance and teamwork. Additional moderator analyses were employed with the results evidencing both positive, as well as significant, effects respective of intervention, measurement and sample characteristics. The related application of these findings was considered relative to teamwork intervention-types.
- Review the concept of teamwork and the ways that teamwork can be trained
- Consider the historical findings concerning teamwork and team performance
- Understand the statistical findings and related application of these findings pertaining to the overall results of this study
- Read and understand The Effectiveness of Teamwork Training on Teamwork Behaviors and Team Performance: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Controlled Interventions
- Review the Course Description and Learning Objectives
- Consider the evolution of teamwork with consideration of the statistical findings detailed in the accompanying review
- Work through the post-test questions; bear in mind that answer selections should be derived from the respective article/source
- Return to the referenced article/source for any missed questions and/or to understand the value of implementing teamwork intervention-types for team performance enhancement